Tuesday, October 13, 2009

After my discovery of Spartan Gold, I set about doing a general clean up inside the trailer. There was a fair bit of old brittle plastic window debris that had been blown around inside, so I did a good vacuum job.

I then sat on the sofa and said.... HHHHhhhhmmmmm.... What have I gotten myself into!?

Originally, I was not going to tear the trailer apart. The trailer is about an 8 out of 10 in quality, but for certain the electrical needed to be updated. I had planned on doing this from the underside of the trailer.

While sitting there on the couch with the trailer out in the Texas sun, I came to the realization that it was HOT in there. The heat radiating from the ceiling was insane. So, it was at that point that I decided that I was going to have to open the walls to and install new insulation. I was going to do just the living room and the bedroom along with the ceilings in both and the kitchen. The builders had other ideas for me. Because of the way the cabinets are installed, you can not remove ceiling panels without first removing cabinets.

What follows will be the process of the renovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment